Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Unmotivated

I have so much work to do, Succotash. And it is nominally work I enjoy. So what's the problem?

The problem is, all I want to do is lie here on the couch staring at the calendar until you get here.

Is that so wrong? I want to watch TV and stare at the weird shapes moving around under the skin of my belly and consider that soon enough, you will be here, a real person, and I will have to figure out what your deal is, and cope with your needs, and that will entail physical and emotional and mental challenges, and I just want to save up for those challenges and not deal with doing any of my job at all whatsoever.

I want all the people who want me to do my job to leave me alone. I want to explain to them that this is fucking mindblowing, the fact that I am having a baby. Do they have any idea how fucking mindblowing it is? Of course they don't. And they don't care. And I don't care that they don't care, but because they don't care, I want them to leave me the fuck alone, because I care enormously.

Motivate me, Succotash. Point out to me that I am an intellectual woman, with interests, and curiosity, and that I am qualified to do my job, and that it is important to demonstrate these qualities to you so that you grow up to be a man who respects strong and independent women, who is drawn to them and supportive of them, and who has a feminist consciousness. I owe it to you, not to just lie here on the sofa watching TV and waiting and avoiding my professional responsibilities.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.