Friday, August 16, 2019

30 Weeks

Last night we went into Somerville and hung out with grad school friends over fancy pizza and cocktails. We ended up at a friend's apartment, and at one point as a few of us lay on pillows in a window seat I had four hands on my belly waiting for Succotash to make himself known. He obliged with a flicker and a kick here and there.

Rarely have my twenties felt as far away as they did last night.

Though we did overstay our welcome, past midnight on a school night, and laughed hard over Halloween parties attended years ago. There's a lot to be said for consistency over time.

You will be arriving into some pretty longstanding patterns and relationships, Succotash. I'm curious how that will feel for you. I suppose you will have nothing to compare it to. My hope is, it will make you feel known, and seen, and even waited for. Because you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.