Monday, August 19, 2019

Rainbow

Hello Succotash. I'm on the Amtrak regional train home to Boston from New York, and outside the window arcing into the water is a huge rainbow. I've tried to take pictures of it, but what I really want to do is hold you up to the glass and say look, little baby. Look. There's a rainbow touching the water. That's called a rainbow. You are inside me right now, and your eyes are starting to open, but you can't see the rainbow yet, you don't even know there is such a thing as a rainbow that can touch the ocean. You are warm and safe and bundled tight and secure, and you probably think - if you are able to think - that you want to stay in there forever, but I know that there are wonderful things out here waiting for you. I am so excited to show them to you. Even if it's something as simple and fleeting as holding you up to a train window so you can see the rainbow that is touching the water outside.

Only nine more weeks, and then there are so many rainbows waiting for you. It will be worth it. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.