Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Remarks

 A miscellany of things you have recently said:

"Is it almost snow time?" anticipating winter

"There are pumpkins. Pumpkins mean it's almost Halloween time. At Halloween time, we go to neighbors houses and they give us candy." [Sometimes, for emphasis, you will jump up and down on an especially exciting word, in this case "candy!"]

"We're going to make cake!" [jumping up and down on cake] [What kind of cake, Charles, yellow cake or chocolate cake?] "YELLOW CAKE!" [jumping up and down]

This morning: "I'm going to get some wiggles out." [climbs on sofa, which is in trampoline mode] "I'm going to count. One, two, three!" [starts jumping with gusto]

"At Christmas time I am going to have friends over." [how many friends, Charles?] "SO MANY. Like Abby, and my neighborhood friends."

"Can you pretend your hand is a baby, and [X toy] is the mommy? Can you make the baby's voice come?"

[Looking at my new Birkenstocks that came in the mail] "Those look like they'll be good for up please." [Meaning, shoes I can wear and safely pick you up, unlike my "pointy shoes."]

[After my praising you for working hard not to touch the walking sticks at Aunt Rachel's house] "Yes. And I've really been wanting a walking stick." [Which is true, you have.]

"Can you sing lullaby now?" [after we have read half a dozen books at bedtime]

"It's dark time," remarking that it's night. [You are trying to sort out the difference between naptime and sleep time. Sometimes you wake up from nap thinking it's the morning, and insist you don't need to brush your teeth. It's interesting to see. I remember reading in my own baby book that I would ask if it was "Clear dark time or dark dark time," so this must be a developmental moment we all go through.]

"Mama, would you like a red berry?" [offers me raspberry. I accept.] "We're sharing!"

"I want to watch the Robin Hood with the foxes, not with the people." [Okay] "The people Robin Hood is too scary." [Okay] "It's okay for big kids, but I'm a little kid. I want to watch the Robin Hood with the foxes." [Okay]

"This is my coffee." [drinking water from the chimney sweep coffee mug]

[What is this magazine called, Charles?] "It's called, Dance!" [It's an issue of High Five, but the word on the cover was DANCE, and my mind was blown, as you'd never seen it before!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.