Saturday, April 11, 2020

Lullaby

Every night I sing you to sleep with this. I don't remember when it started. But it's been several months now.

To the tune of "The Way You Look Tonight."

Some day, when I'm awfully low
and the world is cold
I will feel a glow
just thinking of you
and the way you are, right now.

You're my baby
and I love you so
I love to watch you grow
it's wonderful to know
that you're my baby
just the way you are, right now.

You're so tired
because the day was long.
It's time to go to sleep
that's why I sing this song for you,
my baby.
Just the way you are, tonight.

You're my succotash
my special little boy.
You bring me so much joy.
I waited for you so long,
and you're here, now.
Sleeping in my arms, tonight.

Yes, I love you
and your baby ways.
I love your baby smile,
all your baby days, yes
I just love you.
Just the way you are, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.