Wednesday, May 29, 2019

All in my head?

As I lay on my side in bed last night, tired, thumbing through stupid articles on my phone since that's what I do before bed instead of reading now, I imagined I felt the faintest of faint flutters. Somewhere deep inside my flesh, well below my navel.

"Is that real?" I asked myself as L snored next to me. "Will I look back on this and think, that's when I felt him? Or am I lying to myself?"

I lie to myself a lot, it seems.

I asked the girls on the internet. The girls are wise. May of them think that what I felt was real.

My friend J, who is expecting her own hard-won IVF baby two months before I'm expecting mine, thinks it could be real. She says she feels it most when lying down to go to sleep.

Now I am very curious to lie down and go to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.