Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Beta Day

Yesterday was a big grief day. Big, big grief. "Big feelings," as an irritating self-actualized person I know would put it. There was weeping. There was lying in bed immobile. Outside, the sleet turned to rain, and it was cold inside my heart, too.

Today, the weather has broken. The sun came out. I walked the puppy over to get a coffee. I took my last PIO shot. I made the puppy is breakfast. I washed and dressed and went for my blood test. I went to the post office. I hoofed it over to First Avenue to drop off my full container of sharps. Then I hoofed it back to Fifth and stopped in to the small weird antique jewelry store that fixes my grandmother's watch for me and dropped off a ring to be sized. They said it would be ready at the end of the day.

Now I'm at the library.

The phone is ringing on silent next to me with the results of my beta.

I am about to be set free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.