Thursday, January 7, 2021

Coup

 Yesterday, the control of the Senate flipped to the Democrats, you said the word "bath" and pretended to give your stuffed sloth nose drops, and right-wing extremists invaded the Capitol building in Washington and tried to stage a coup. Well, sort of. Mostly they just wrecked stuff and took selfies and scared lawmakers and were too stupid to actually have a plan. They didn't even hack the House speaker's computer while sitting at her desk. Morons. Fortunately the work of certifying the electors continued into the night, as you slept for three hours all by yourself on your own mattress before deciding at ten that you would rather sleep with me after all. 

You made little shouts to indicate this preference. But you weren't upset, I don't think. I think it was baby for "HEY. MOM? ARE YOU IN HERE?" [pause.] "MAMA?" [pause] "I'M AWAKE AND YOU CAN SNUGGLE ME IF YOU WANT." 

The reason I think this is because I tried to wait a bit before going to you - it's hard, Succotash - and when I finally climbed down next to you I could swear you giggled like you had just gotten away with something. 

Anyway. Democracy remains in effect, only two more weeks before the worst president in American history is finally booted out of the building, and you are picking up words left and right. And you are very brave, practicing sleeping in your own bed. 

I am proud of you, my favorite baby. And so glad you are unaware of the wider world this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.