Saturday, November 9, 2019

Morning routine

We have developed something like a morning routine. It goes like this:

Me: *gets up to feed baby on the couch while Mr. G sleeps, as he took night shift*

Dog: Guac I have to go out.

Me: We can't go out right now, I'm feeding the baby.

Dog: BUT I'VE GOTTA GO I'VE GOTTA GO I'VE GOTTA GO I'VE...

Me: *sigh* Okay, hang on.

Baby: *eventually finishes eating, passes out asleep on my boob*

Me: *sneaks baby back into bedroom in total silence, suits up, harnesses dog, takes joyous dog out into world*

Fifteen minutes pass.

Me: *arrives home to squalling frantic baby and awake husband*

Baby: WHERE DID YOU GO OH MY GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD I'M STARVING GIVE ME BOOB

Mr. Guac: I'm going back to sleep.

Me: Okay.

Dog: *sulks*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.