Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Nighttime

You told me you didn't want snuggles, but wanted to lie in your bed and listen to Harry Potter. So I climbed into my bed, and did word puzzles while Harry Potter played.

I heard rustling.

I peeked and found you looking at a book.

"What book is that?" I asked. "Are you looking at the cover of Harry Potter while you listen to the story?"

"No," you said. "It's this one." You showed me the cover. It was a paperback of Annie Van Sinderen, a ghost story I published ten years ago or so.

"Oh, that's my book," I said, surprised. "Why are you looking at that one?"

"I don't know," you said. "I want to cuddle it."

"Why?"

"Well you see, Mama, if I cuddle a book written by someone I love, then it's like I'm cuddling them."

I came over to your bed. I gave you a kiss. We tucked the book under your pillow, and I gave you Manatee to hold because he is soft, and then I lay down next to you until you fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.