Thursday, May 20, 2021

More Words

A catalogue of current Succotash communiques: 

"Rock!"

"I did it!"

"I unno"

"Want that."

"I llll" (the part in your "Who Says I Love You" book where it's your turn to say "I love you!")

"Ummmb" (umbrella)

"Up!"

"That"

"This"

"Truck!"

"Duck!"

"Guck" (all of the above/general approbation)

"Duh duh" (dog)

"duh pp" (dog poop, which you are very good at helping us find, and very good about not picking up)

"Hi!"

"Bye!"

"Woof"

"Water"

"Tuh" (towel)

"Baaaa" (as in sheep)

"Muh" (moo, as in cow)

"Berries"

"Yes"

"Moon"


Signs:

hand on cheek = I want to sleep

hands on both cheeks = I  REALLY want to sleep

fingertips touching = more please

desultory fist = help me

clapping hands = total approval!

smacking Mama's chest insistently = nursing!

patting chair in study = nursing!

pointing at something, then putting finger in mouth = I want to eat that

waving = bye bye

increasingly insistent waving = I am ready to leave now

arm wave from elbow = I want us to sing "The Wheels on the Bus"

hands up, exaggerated shrug = beats me

shaking head = no thank you

nodding and smiling = I know that nodding means yes but I'm just playing

point over shoulder or at door = that thing we saw earlier

happy stamping feet = I helped plant the clover seeds 

angry stamping feet = I am so mad!

finger behind ear = I would like some water please

finger pointing at ear, then away = I hear something!

helping self to hem of Mama's shirt = still more nursing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.