Thursday, October 8, 2020

Birthday!

 This morning, after first nap, as I pulled off your sleeping romper and started to climb out of my own pajamas, I asked the smart speaker to play Sweet Child of Mine for us while we washed. When the guitar riff started and I began to bang my head gently, you grinned and started nodding along. 

Then we drove to school listening to music that makes me think of you, and it was a sunny and crisp autumn day in New England, and when we got to school you were so excited that you insisted on walking up all the steps yourself and then pressed your hands on the glass to be let in and didn't even need a goodbye hug. I will pick you up in three hours and then we will go home, and this afternoon in our garden you will have your first carrot cake cupcake. And your Manamana has gotten you a balloon.

I love you so, sweet Succotash of mine. 

I cannot believe you are really here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.