Friday, March 20, 2020

Eating in Exile

Today I strapped you into the K'tan and we went roaming in Marblehead. I showed you some of the secret pathways in town, and we had a long, albeit one-sided, discussion of the pleasures of secret pathways and exploring and we saw crocuses and spring is coming, even if we cannot go near any of the neighbors we should happen to meet.

Then, this afternoon, you ate a puree of banana and breast milk and a little nutmeg. You sort of buried your face in the spoon and now, because I am me, I am worried you aspirated some banana. You recoiled in horror and then immediately went for more, which was fascinating. Not long after you were finished you flipped out crying, and we don't know why, but we hoovered out your little baby nose and nursed a minute or two and then you were fine.

I'm rather sorry the second half of your babyhood is taking place under such bizarre circumstances. Not least because you will get to meet and enjoy so many fewer people than otherwise. I hope it will not make you shy of strangers when the constraints are finally relaxed. Whenever that may be.

But for today, right now, you have banana breath for the very first time. A banner day for my Succotash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.