Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Timing

Lessee. I'm due on Sunday. In theory, this magic pee stick will give me the goods up to five days before Sunday.

That's....Tuesday. Yesterday. Depending on how you count. But today is already basically over. Right? Sure. So. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. And if it's no dice tomorrow, I'll wait til Sunday and see where we are.

Imaginary baby, you aren't going to like this, but I'm having a rum and soda with lime. It's good Barbados rum, white rum, and the limes are small key limes. I'm also full of Mexican food. So full my stomach is sort of sticking out. I'm having a Mexican food baby.

A lot of crazy stuff unfolded today, none of which will mean much to you, though it suggests that if you do wind up existing, and appearing in the fall, there's a good chance you'll be born in a new state that we never planned on living in. I know! It's weird. I was kind of hoping we could swing it for you to show up in Massachusetts. I have sentimental reasons that any reasonable person could easily dismiss.

Rum was part of the triangle trade, which brought wealth to New England and misery to untold numbers of African slaves. There's a whole world out here, with all these preexisting conditions. It's exhausting, thinking about explaining everything when I understand so little of it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Please only comment if you are real person, with a good heart.